Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Griswalds.....

I love to drive by houses that have a gazillion lights, blow-ups, animated figures, fake spiral trees, and so on. Our old neighbor's house reminded me of the "Griswald's" and it made me chuckle every time I drove by...however I decorate very simply outside:

This year we have a new home and we put candles in all 16 windows. I have boughs under the candles in the front, wreaths in the back all with simple red bows.

I also have a small porch to decorate where the trees and sled are protected from the wind and snow.
And of course hubby's reindeer (yes, the very same that the kids rearranged on Thanksgiving Day).

I'm ready for the whole clan to arrive, everything is ready - gifts are wrapped, house is clean, dinners are planned and most importantly, the wine is chilled. I may not have the Griswald's decorations, but there have been times I have referred to the family as the "Griswalds" (if you know what I mean!!)
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

2 comments:

  1. Patti,
    Have a wonderful time with your family. I have truly enjoyed getting to know you through our blogs and I only wished we lived closer because I think we could have a lot of fun!
    Have a very Merry Christmas and have a glass of wine for me!!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the simple look outside too! I hope you and your family have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete