Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Christmas Crate and A Cup of Christmas Tea

One of my favorite decorations is a produce crate that I painted years ago. I got it from the local grocery store FREE ( well a smile and a pleasant disposition helped)....
I painted the crate red, and covered the edges with "snow paint". The letters were painted with stencils and the stickers are from the local stationery store....
I always store "treats or snacks" in the crate. Currently it holds candy treats, but for parties I fill tins, paper bags and cardboard boxes with nuts, crackers and chips.
The crate has some excelsior, greenery and picks inside as a filler:
It sits on my kitchen counter, beside this book:
This is my favorite Christmas story, A Cup of Christmas Tea. If you haven't read it, it's a must, but I warn you, you'll need a tissue!

I am joining Leigh, again, for Thrifty Thursday....hop on over to Tales from Bloggeritaville for some more thrifty ideas! Thanks Leigh!
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

12 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! I love the Santa crate. It's not only pretty but so practical to store all the treats. To top it off it was thrifty too!!
    I've never read A Christmas Cup of Tea but I'll take it on good advice to grab my tissues and sit down to read it.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patti, that is absolultey adorable!!!! Almost as much as your header picture...almost! Great idea! I am so glad you shared this. I am going to try and recreate this. Also, I am going to get that book. Have you read The Christmas Box? If not, tune into my Friday post of how you can get one for yourself and all on your Christmas list for dirt cheap! Thanks for linking up to Thrifty Thursday, sweet friend!

    Leigh
    Tales from Bloggeritaville
    www.lbratina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That crate is so cute. You have the best ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that crate, that was such a good idea. It looks so nice. Thanks for sharing...... have agreat day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea for the crate!! Cute Cute!
    I just got my Christmas Tea book out yesterday along with all my other Christmas books- now to have a bit of time to enjoy the read!

    blessings
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patti - - - do you have any of the little china tea items that went WITH that book? I don't think I have the book, but I have a tiny tea cup and a tea-pot napkin ring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patti, I don't remember how long I've had these little items. I'm not even sure where I got them, but I THINK it was at a Hallmark store. I'll try to remember to do a blog post of them soon - - - just for you, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you are talented! That is such a cute little crate. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a precious idea! It looks great, and those treats are so tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd never seen a Christmas crate before, its so inspired and cute!

    ReplyDelete