Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Candy

I would much rather make candy during the holidays than bake cookies. One of my favorites is Peanut Brittle.
For years I made brittle on the stove top until I found this really easy recipe for "10 Minute Peanut Brittle"
And the fun part of making candy is the wrapping and packaging...and of course the "tasting".
10 Minute Peanut Brittle
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup lt corn syrup
1/8 t salt
1 1/4 cup roasted, salted peanuts
1 T butter
1 t vanilla
1 t baking soda
Combine sugar, corn syrup and salt in a 2 qt bowl. Microwave on high for 5 minutes. Stir in peanuts. Microwave for 5 more minutes, stirring at 2 and 4 minutes. Stir in butter, vanilla and soda quickly and stir. Spread onto a buttered cookie sheet to 1/4" thickness. Cool. Break into pieces. ENJOY!
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

4 comments:

  1. This looks fun! I don't do cookies well,they burn each time.So I stick to other treats that the kids can make. This year it's rice krispy treats w/red & green sprinkles. This year though the kids really want to try gingerbread men...wish me luck!
    ps. I live in Western NY, just west of you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your packaging is incredible. Presentation makes the gift don't you think? I bet your receipe is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so all about the presentation!!
    Peanut brittle idea is great!! I would never of thought to do it in the microwave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how pretty! I bet your house smells great too :)

    ReplyDelete