Monday, November 30, 2009

The Mantle and Snow

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here...except there is no snow.
Central NY has gone about 280 days without snow...which is a record....and I can honestly say that I'm happy about that. The older I get, the more I hate the snow.
But a small dusting around the holidays would be fine. Living in the "snow belt" can be quite depressing - except when we have SNOW DAYS and get to stay home from school for the day!
Update: I woke up to a dusting of snow this morning...I don't think there was enough to measure, but it slowed down traffic on the highway - The sun melted it by 10 am! That was enough for me!

3 comments:

  1. I'm beginning to wish for snow. Just to look at though; not to shovel, brush or soak the cuffs of my pants, though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That window area looks beautiful. I love all the whites! Here's wishing for some snow around the holidays!!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mantel is very pretty. I only need snow either on Christmas Eve or Christmas day. Then it only needs to be a dusting. No purpose for snow any other time of the year!
    Living it up at Lakewood,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

Facebook

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...